WhyteSpyder, a digital marketing agency, is looking for a WordPress Developer with experience building and maintaining small to medium sized websites. The ideal candidate is familiar installing plugins, and customizing themes to match a custom design using industry best practices.
This is a full-time position and will work from our Fayetteville, AR office with other team members to design, build, test, and launch client sites for marketing and lead generation purposes.
- Build and maintain a variety of high-traffic WordPress sites on our existing platform
- Write and maintain custom plugins and themes
- Work with project managers and teams to deliver with quality and adhere to timelines.
- Ability to provide user friendly site administration, documentation, and guidance to content contributors.
- Objectively review and test new web site projects to ensure they are meeting their requirements.
- Work effectively with other team members to help meet team goals.
- Must be able to manage time and tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- 2+ years of experience with WordPress and PHP.
- Back-end skills - Experience building custom themes, plugins, widget, and custom post types.
- Associate’s degree in web development related field, or equivalent experience.
Skills & Knowledge
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is a plus
- Search Engine Optimization best practices
- Knowledge of Git, SSH, BrowserStack a plus to have
This is a full-time position including, health insurance, dental insurance, paid vacation time, and paid sick leave.
We are equal opportunity employers. Decisions regarding hiring, promotions and terminations are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, or national origin.
We invite proficient, dependable candidates to apply.